So what do I offer ?
Every workshop offered is bespoke; you tell me what you want to achieve and I will construct and deliver the day, or days, to suit your needs. Your time with me actually begins when you book...feel free to send me some examples of your best Landscape work and from that point on your workshop begins. The time is designed to suit you and NOT me.
I am renowned for minimalist processing and ensuring that you get as much captured correctly in camera. I do NOT teach HDR photography but 'REAL' photography. You will be required to learn a few basic RAW processing techniques but that is the nature of the game!
If you do eventually book me, you will need to bring the following:
A tripod that matches your camera (I do have one for hire )
A cable release or remote trigger (preferable)
The standard three soft Neutral density graduated filters (0.3, 0.6 & 0.9) for landscape work
A big stopper (ND10) if you own one.
Something to write your notes down on when we get back.
These photography workshops embrace stunning outdoor settings across the UK. In the silence and charm of nature, you are given the opportunity to illustrate your artistic vision through clever use of the camera.
Shoot on location and you experience the exhilaration of refining your photography skills in the fresh air. Learn and apply technical theory to convey the beauty and feeling of each location; produce your own intriguing and daring photographs that will enchant for years to come.
Available throughout the year, the carefully planned, landscape workshops are an ideal chance to learn and have fun and expertise of hands-on support from a professional photographer.
Training on how to compose and design a shot and how to get it right in camera.
Each landscape workshop will combine motivational support and guidance, with constructive feedback.
Locations have been thoroughly researched.
Study new techniques and hone existing ones: all technical and creative aspects are explained and demonstrated.
Transform strands of creative intention into single, spectacular photographs.
Capture fresh visions of stunning landscapes,
As I mentioned earlier, the beauty of coming out with me, that it is tailor made for you. If you are interested, then please go to the contact section here and return it to me. I can promise you a speedy reply unless I am out and about on the fells.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
Derwent water winter workshop
Half Day £90
Scaleber Force Autumn Waterfall masterclass
Half Day £90
Isle of Skye, Scotland
3 Places available
Monday 9th to Friday 13th October 2017
• Suitable for - beginners, intermediate
Skye was recently voted '4th best island in the world’ by National Geographic magazine. Lee will show you why, he will take you to some of his favourite locations, sharing his knowledge of how to photograph them.
The island really is a place of extremes with some of the most spectacular highland scenery Scotland has to offer – shattered peaks, plummeting sea cliffs and white coral beaches. Lee will guide you to some of Skye’s most famous sights such as the Trotternish peninsula, the Old Man of Storr, The Cuillins, Elgol and Neist point for sunset.
• 4 nights accommodation in single occupancy rooms
• One to one tuition
• Dawn and dusk sessions ( weather dependant )
• All transport during the course
• After course advice over our evening meal
• Packed lunch
• Evening Meal
• Unlimited follow-up email and telephone advice
What is excluded
• Cancellation insurance
• Equipment & personal belongings insurance
• Meals not mentioned above
• Transfers to and from venue
Easy, although it is a hour slog up to the the Old man of Storr. ( But well worth it )
• Small group size
• Outstanding scenery
• Friendly expert tuition
• We will be taking photos from Dawn to Dusk each day at some of the most stunning locations Scotland has to offer. The opportunities for great photography are endless on this workshop.
• A Typical Workshop Day will involve the following;
• Dawn Shoot – Times will vary depending on the time of year but we will be on location and set up 30 minutes before sunrise.
• Back to the car for a break and a brew before heading to next locations.
• Field Tutorial –Location- How to-Anticipate the Light at one of many locations.
• Lunch and Break
• Set off Afternoon Shoot
• Afternoon Shoot
• Back at the B&B for a long deserved shower before heading into Portree for Dinner.
• A brief look at images and a lesson on how to process and get the most out of RAW files
• Early night before we do it all again.
• Digital SLR
• Wide angle lenses
• Set of Neutral density soft graduated filters
• Big Stopper if you own one
• Cable release / remote
• Walking boots
• Warm clothing including waterproofs
• Brolly, as these can be very handy on Skye.
If you would like to book this workshop or have any questions then please click this link to send me an email